Blueshift uses Snowflake's Secure Data Sharing feature to give you access to campaign activity reports saved in Blueshift's Snowflake account. You can easily consume this data by querying it or by creating a database from the share. With the raw campaign data readily available in Snowflake, you can easily access it without having to set up any ETL logic. All customer engagement and campaign data is immediately accessible and can be queried to gain valuable insights.
With Secure Data Sharing, no actual data is copied or transferred between accounts. Shared data does not take up any storage in your account and therefore does not contribute to your monthly data storage charges. The only charges to you are for the compute resources (i.e. virtual warehouses) used to query the shared data.
Blueshift allows you to track all the raw campaign actions (sent, delivered, opened, and so on) from your campaigns and see exactly what actions were taken. The campaign activity reports give you lots of valuable information to track and measure the performance of your campaigns. You can review your individual campaign activity reports by each day to track the performance of your campaigns. Blueshift captures and archives all this campaign activity in Snowflake.
Consider the following points about the campaign activity reports in Snowflake:
- Data is exported into Snowflake from the day exports are setup. Previous campaign activity data will not be available in Snowflake.
- The data is batched and written to Snowflake daily (once a day).
- Campaign activity data is retained in Snowflake for a period of 3 months.
- To retain the data for a longer period, copy the data into a dedicated table in your own database instance.
- For details about the data saved, see Campaign Activity attributes and extended attributes.
Watch this video for a quick overview of exporting the campaign activity reports to Snowflake.
In addition to the ability to set up this export within Blueshift, you can also request a campaign activity export to Snowflake through our listing on the Snowflake marketplace.
At this time the Snowflake AWS deployment regions US West 2 (Oregon) and EU West 2 (London) are supported. If your Snowflake Cloud Provider or Snowflake Cloud Provider region is not supported at this time, see Set up exports to unsupported Snowflake region or provider.
To set up Secure Data Sharing and to get access to campaign activity reports in Blueshift's Snowflake account, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Campaign Activity Export tab in Account Settings.
- Go to the Export to Snowflake section.
- Enter the Account Identifier for your Snowflake account in the format <OrgName>.<AccountName>. For information, see Account Identifiers.
- Select the required Snowflake Cloud Provider.
- Select the required Snowflake Cloud Provider Region.
- Click Start Snowflake Export.
Before you can use (query) the data shared with you by Blueshift, you must first consume the data by creating a database from the share made available to you.
- Log into your Snowflake account.
- Go to Data > Private Sharing > Direct Shares.
- You can see the shared database here.
- Click Get Data to create and configure a database from the share.
- Go to Data > Databases to see the new database.
- The schema name is the <site_name> for your site.
- The table that contains all the campaign activity data is CAMPAIGN_ACTIVITY.
If your Snowflake Cloud Provider or Snowflake Cloud Provider region is not supported by Blueshift, complete the following steps to set up export of campaign activity reports:
- Set up a Snowflake sub-account in a region that Blueshift supports. For more information, see the Snowflake documentation for creating a sub-account in different region.
- Set up exports to this sub-account.
- Set up data access in Snowflake.
- Replicate the data to your main account. For more information, see the Snowflake documentation for Sharing Data Securely Across Regions and Cloud Platforms.