Twilio Segment is the world’s leading Customer Data Platform (CDP). Segment provides companies with the data foundation that they need to put their customers at the heart of every decision. Using Segment, companies can collect, unify and route their customer data into any system where it’s needed to better understand their customers and create seamless, compelling experiences in real-time. Activate your customer data in 300+ marketing tools, in real-time.
When you integrate Blueshift and Segment, you can import information related to users and their actions easily into Blueshift and export campaign activity data to Segment.
For more information about this integration, including schema specs from Segment.com, see the Blueshift source documentation page.
If you currently use Segment, you can integrate your data into Blueshift with a 1-click integration. For more information, see Integrating Segment with Blueshift.
To import data from Segment into Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Get the Blueshift Event API key from the API Keys tab in Account Settings and add this key on the Settings page in Segment.
- Do not select the Retarget option.
In a few minutes, you should see data/events from Segment flow into Blueshift. You can see the events from the Events index page - https://app.getblueshift.com/dashboard#/click_stream/index or https://app.eu.getblueshift.com/dashboard#/click_stream/index, depending on your region.
Note: It might take upto 5 minutes for the data to be seen on the Events index page.
Blueshift also supports sending campaign engagement data back into Segment with the use of Segment Sources.
To use the sources integration, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Campaign Activity Export tab in Account Settings.
- Set Messaging Event Notifications as Enabled.
- Select Segment.com from the Send Notifications to field options.
- Add the Write key from Segment as the Segment.com Write Key.
- Select the events you want to export.
- Save your settings.