Blueshift allows you to include standard UTM parameters as well as custom
Adding UTM parameters allows you to gauge the effectiveness of your campaigns and identify the best ways to drive more visitors to your website.
Types of UTM Parameters:
- UTM Source - the source of your traffic. For example: Blueshift
- UTM Campaign - the campaign name. For example: Abandoned Browse
- UTM Medium - the medium the link was used on such as: email, CPC, etc.
- UTM Content - optional parameter for additional details for A/B testing and content-targeted ads
- UTM Term - optional parameter suggested for paid search to identify keywords for your ad
In addition to standard UTM parameters, you can also include custom URL tracking parameters. You may also include Liquid variables in values, like the user's customer_id.
Tracking parameters set in the campaign do not overwrite those in template. They only get added to links if they don't have those parameters.
Blueshift easily enable you to segment users based on Campaign Tracking Parameters
Blueshift stores the traffic source information on all your web traffic, the Traffic source tab allows you to segment user's based on how they were acquired via traffic source attributes.
You can also set these attributes by uploading them as User Attributes, please find the mapping below between user attribute names and the display name
|User Attribute||Display Name|
If a new user gets created in Blueshift, we set the traffic source params to the first utm params we see for the user.
Blueshift stores the last/recent traffic source information on all your web traffic, the User Attributes tab source tab allows you to segment user's based on the last/recent traffic source