Blueshift has several 3rd party integrations to make it easier to send data into Blueshift, as well as to execute campaigns across different channels. For mobile data integrations, we recommend using mParticle and Segment.com.
- Google Tag Manager
- Demandware (now known as Salesforce Commerce Cloud)
Mapping of 3rd party events on Blueshift :
We map certain 3rd party events to standard events which Blueshift understands. For example, you might be having events products_ordered, products_viewed and products_added_to_cart which when passed to Blueshift will be renamed/mapped as standard events like purchase, view and add_to_cart.
Google Tag Manager helps make tag management simple, easy and reliable by allowing marketers and webmasters to deploy website tags all in one place. We've provided some examples of how to setup Blueshift events in GTM. Please do the same for all other events you would like to send to us.
- Create a new tag "Pageload" and select Custom HTML Tag as your product.
- Paste the standard Blueshift pageload tracking code in the HTML box
- Setup trigger to fire on all pages
- Create a custom HTML tag for the Identify event. You will also need to insert the values in the datalayer for customerId, email etc into the tag.
- Next add a trigger to fire this tag by editing the Triggering block on GTM.
Segment is a flexible and fast alternative to integrating Blueshift. They are a customer data hub for easily installing marketing and analytics software.
If you currently use Segment, you can integrate your data into Blueshift with a 1-click integration.
Send campaign engagement data back to Segment.com
Blueshift also supports sending campaign engagement data back into Segment.com with the use of Segment.com Sources. In order to use the sources integration, you will need a "Write key" from Segment.com and enter it in the Blueshift Account Setup dashboard. You can find more information on this integration including schema specs from Segment.com Blueshift source documentation page.
TealiumIQ is a leading tag management solution, and one of the several easy options to integrate with Blueshift. If you are a TealiumIQ customer, simply select "add tag"from your Tealium IQ dashboard, and search for Blueshift.
You will be presented with this simple screen to configure your tag:
Ensighten is a leading tag management solution, and one of the several easy options to integrate with Blueshift. If you are an Ensighten customer, simply select “Apps”from your dashboard, and search for Blueshift.
You will be presented with this simple screen to configure your data:
mParticle is a customer data platform built specifically for apps across all devices. mParticle provides a single API to collect customer data once and connect it to any analytics, marketing, and data warehousing platform.
In order to use Blueshift with mParticle, you can follow the steps listed at mParticle's documentation site.
a. Login to mParticle - https://app.mparticle.com
b. To configure the Blueshift Event Integration, do the following:
- Select the Integration icon from the left navigation
- Select your app from the app dropdown
- Select the Blueshift tile to display the Integration Details Tab.
This provides information regarding the integration such as, type of events, User IDs, Device IDs and other information about the integration that is shared between mParticle and Blueshift
c. Click ACTIVATE A PLATFORM - There will be a tab for entering settings for each supported platform shared by the app and Blueshift
d. Enter the Blueshift specific parameters - Event API Key, User API Key
e. Toggle the Status slider to On to activate the integration
f. Click SAVE to enable event data to be forwarded from your app to Blueshift
Demandware is a leading e-Commerce Platform. Blueshift offers a Demandware cartridge to integrate your Demandware data.
SendGrid provides a cloud-based email delivery service that assists businesses with email delivery. The service manages various types of email including shipping notifications, friend requests, sign-up confirmations, and email newsletters. It also handles internet service provider (ISP) monitoring, domain keys, sender policy framework (SPF), and feedback loops.
Request or select IP address for Sub user
Configure Sendgrid DNS
Add SendGrid DNS entries with your hosting provider
Each hosting provider configuration will very but will use the same SendGrid DNS entries
Verify DNS in Sendgrid
4. Associate DNS setup to subuser
- Select sub user from the parent account
Add Sending authentication
Add IP Address if not already associated
Update Settings > Mail Settings > Event Notification
Update "HTTP Post URL"
Update URL with blueshift event call back url
Update "Select Actions"
- Select all but ASM Unsubscribe actions
Save and enable Event Notification
Setup Channels > Sendgrid
Alias name = Name of the adapter in campaigns
Suggestion domain associated to adapter
- Api User = Sub user name
- API Key = Sub user password
- Default From name
- Can be overridden at the trigger level
- Default From address
- Can be overridden at the trigger level
- The domain MUST remain the same for DNS settings to be configured currently.
- From domain to the left to the @ sign can be anything you want.
- ie: email@example.com where xxx can be changed without affecting the configuration at the trigger level.
- Default Reply to
- Select an email address here you would like responses sent to. This can be any address you want.
- If you decide you want no replies you can either select a valid email address with a response (hosted by you) or an invalid domain. The invalid domain will return an mailbox not found error from the respective ISP.
- Enable ESP engagement event callbacks
- This should not be enabled for external Sendgrid setups.
- This is for only for Blueshift owned accounts.
- Enabling will generate errors on our end if this is selected since we will not be able to access your Sendgrid instance.
- Send test message from any Blueshift template
- Any error in Blueshift means domain is not validated or settings are incorrect.
- If you receive the test message and your domain says firstname.lastname@example.org via example.com or via sengrid.com the sending domain authentication is not configured for the sub user in Sendgrid.
SparkPost is the world’s fastest-growing email delivery service. Our customers — including Pinterest, Twitter, CareerBuilder, LinkedIn, Salesforce, Zillow, and Comcast — send over 3 trillion messages a year, over 25% of the world’s non-spam email.
3. SMTP Relay
Simply enter your smtp credentials and connect Blueshift with your sending provider
Send and receive global SMS, MMS, and chat messages from any app, and ensure deliverability using intelligent delivery features.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GupShup is the leading smart messaging platform that handles over 4 billion messages per month and has processed over 150 billion messages in total. It offers APIs for developers to build Interactive, Programmable, Omni-channel messaging bots and services as well as SDKs to enable in-app and in-web messaging.
Branch helps companies drive seamless mobile experiences through its linking infrastructure powering thousands of today's top brands. Once you have your app integrated with the Branch SDK, you can enable the deep linking integration on Blueshift.
Follow these one-time steps to enable Blueshift+Branch integration:
a. Follow the Branch documentation to setup deep linking in Branch and enable the Blueshift integration.
b. As a one-time setup, ask your Blueshift Account Manager, to enable branch.io integration in your account. This is a one-time setup that is done during account onboarding if you are already using branch.io or can be added later on when you do the Branch SDK integration.
c. Once your integration is live, you can use Branch supported deeplinks:
In your email templates, you must add a deeplink="true" attribute to links that should treated as deep links or iOS universal links. This attribute must be present in order for the link to open the app as expected.